No limits- Translate here

Friday, May 17, 2013

Elegant Women of Color Have No Fear

I experimented  for many months and years trying to find the perfect combination of make up that would make  my ebony skin look its best. It was also a problem for me to find the perfect make up without having to spend an excess amount of money. After many trails and errors I feel like I found my affordable match. 

Let me describe my skin:
- slightly oily on my t-zone ( forehead, nose and chin ) 
- not particularly oily anywhere else
- couple of acne scars mainly on my cheeks 
-pores are not typically large, but they are larger around the cheeks

My main problem when it came down to picking a foundation was the aftermath. Usually when I would wear make up a couple of hours later my skin would be very oily and shiny. Not Okay! So on to the next product it would be. I finally settled on these products...




Maybelline Dream Mouse Foundation- This has provided great medium coverage and is very light. My favorite foundation and its a great price

Maybelline BB Dream Fresh - Extremely light coverage, its practically sheer. Works wonderful for days in which you do not want to wear much make- up. I have noticed a reduction of scars so I say the BB cream is a  plus! It also has sunscreen, another positive.

Studio Fix MAC- Nice topical powder, really helps to prevent shine and sets foundation great

Elf Eyelid Primer - Being of color, eye shadow at times don't show up as vibrant as I would like. This eyelid primer keeps the eye shadow on all day and very alive


Sally Hansen Air Brushed Legs is a product I found and can't live without!

It brings your legs to life! If you want to add a little sparkle to your skin and create an overall  flawless glow, I truly recommend this. Women of color choose the deep glow option. This "leg makeup" has vitamin E so it can reduce the appearance of  scars, it is also waterproof and has a very natural sparkle to it when you are out in the sun. 

Having a very natural and sophisticated face is always a part of depicting an elegant demeanor. Nothing is worse than having make up that makes you look like a clown or a ghost. Every skin type is different. It took me many months to find a combination that I liked and was within a college students budget !

No comments:

Post a Comment